Monday, March 04, 2013

Slow Day

During our walk, Susan and I met up with Carl K., who also walks every morning.  He told us that Libby B. had died.  I knew she had stage 4 cancer, but as ever, I hate to get such news...
...However: this morning, I got an e-mail from another neighbor saying Libby was in hospice care at SOCH and would enjoy visitors.  I hope so much that's true.  I'll call the hospital and if so, will visit her today. 
Libby's husband had had some mysterious condition that paralyzed his legs and I lent them Pat's walker.  Libby, a champion knitter, made me a wonderful long white scarf, which I wear everyday during our walk. The husband died a year or so after Pat did. 
Got a call from brother Larry (Florida) and we had a long, long conversation.  He's coming north in a few weeks and I'll be glad to see him.
Did a lot of slicing, dicing and chopping, making Brussels sprouts in the crock pot, sweet potatoes in the oven, broccoli in the microwave and a big salad just in a bowl.  Now I have a goodly amount of veggies to eat for the next few days. 
Finally pulled together info on my Dionne Quintuplet program and sent to the HOA director in Barnegat. We'll see if she wants to have me do it--and pay me, to boot.
Took a drive late in the day just to get out of the house, but didn't go far.  I have a busy week coming up, so these slow days are okay occasionally, I guess, but I wouldn't want to make a habit of them.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...