Tuesday, March 12, 2013

This And That

Picked up Aline for the 1:00 Bay-Atlantic Symphony lecture at the library.  I had mentioned it to Susan during our walk, thinking she might enjoy it and she did, indeed, show up.  This session was on music inspired by "epics, sagas, fairy tales, legends, and folk heroes" and was totally absorbing.  A. and I had to leave early, though, as she had to be at work at 3:00 and wanted to get on the computer beforehand.  Dropped her off in Manahawkin,  then just had time to get to my interview for The Breeze with Eunice B.
Eunice is a mild, soft-spoken elderly lady whose daughter, Diane, lives with her temporarily, as her house in Ventnor was damaged by the hurricane.  However, Eunice said Diane "doesn't want publicity."  I'm not sure if that means they don't want me to mention her at all, or what.  Well, I always give profiles to their subjects to check for errors before I submit, so I'll mention Diane and they can strike it if they want to.
Got home just in time for a welcome call from my dear friend, Marge D.  Her sinus problem has improved slightly, I was glad to hear, and we had a good long chat.  Shortly after we hung up, she called back to ask if I wanted a pile of old scripts from the now-defunct Sunrise Bay Drama Club, which she had founded.  I was an enthusiastic member of the group for several years and yes, I'd love to have the scripts.  Went over to pick them up and will go through them to see if I can possibly use anything--or just for reasons of nostalgia.
Lunch with the R.H.'ers today.    

No comments:

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...