Saturday, March 23, 2013

Brunch And Cast Party

Picked Aline up and 10:00 and we went to Dockside for a Swiss cheese omelet brunch.  I asked if she wanted to come when I took a dry run to Manahawkin to scout out where the cast party was to be.  She did and I found it with no difficulty.
Dropped her off a few hours later and spent time honing my Telephone #3 play, which I'll bring to Players & Playwright today, and looking over Hell On Wheels, which I'll submit for the show we're doing in June.
I was just interrupted for a welcome reason: a Skype call from Mike.  Saw Violet and Vivian, too, and said my goodbyes (good grief!) to Taro, who's going to the great scratching post in the sky, I'm afraid.  He was a very pretty cat, half Persian or something, and is 17, but now has kidney disease and must die.  Vivian, so creative, made a "memorial wall" for him, having each member of the family write about Taro.
The cast party last night was somewhat of a dud.  I got there at 7:00, at the same time Joey and his Dad did.  I was disappointed at the small number of attendees. Only about eight showed up, and that didn't include those I particularly wanted to see: Neil and Judi, Rick, and Chris, the other auntie.   There was food enough for at least fifty and the booze would have filled an Atlantic City bar. 
Eric came, though, and it was nice to chat with him.  Good thing I told him Aline and I were planning to go to Freehold in April to see him in Laughter on the Thirty-Fifth Floor.  He told me he had withdrawn from the show because it was running for fifteen days and other three weekends and he just wasn't able to commit to that.  He's a funeral director and, I guess, has a lot of business on weekends.  
Stacey presented each of us with an Arsenic And Old Lace tee shirt.  It has an house and several of the characters pictured on the front and the cast list on the back.  I was thrilled with it and will take to California.
I left at 9:00 and actually could have walked this morning, but gave myself a pass, lazy lady that I am.  I want to leave for Absecon Island early--P & P starts at 11:00 this time, as Linda's play will be put on at 3:00--to get the salt water taffy I promised I would for Mike and for Susan.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I love Vivian's memorial idea for their cat Taro. I will share that idea with my grandkids as a possibility for their Grandpa's memorial.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...