Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Enjoyable Day

I picked Aline up at 12:30 and we arrived at Italian Gourmet a half-hour later.  Betty and Mary were already there.
Had a very enjoyable lunch and good talk before we parted almost two hours later.  Aline and I then went to the cemetery--I was pleased to see the pretty Narcissus (baby daffodils) I planted at Pat's grave were blooming very--well, prettily.  Went to Jay's grave, too of course, and talked about him.
Then it was off to Produce Junction where I bought four yellow pansies to atone for my transgression* and a beautiful white stephonosis (?) for an Easter gift.
Wound up at the library, where Aline went on the computer and I requested a new book: Paul Anka's My Way about Sinatra and the Rat Pack in Vegas.  I like these scandalous memoirs, so shoot me.
Dropped Aline off and by that time it was after 5:00.  She had given me some matzo, which I ate with a salad for "dinner"--I had had a delectable rare hamburger for lunch, so didn't need much.
*Susan had bought pansies a week or so ago and had given me four.  I meant to plant them, but put the on the baker's rack in the kitchen and forgot about them.  They died, so I bought new and hope Susan will be none the wiser.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...