Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Flower Show

The flower show was great fun.  Strolled the thirty feet or so down to Barb H.'s at 7:15 to find Leslie already there--well, she lives closer, right next door.  We picked up Pat G., Barb's sister, and got to Bob's Garden Center in time to have coffee and Danish and look around the store.  I picked up two little items for V. and V. from the vast display of Easter gifts.  The two buses left promptly at 8:00.  It was cold, but brilliantly sunlit and I had fine time talking with Les. 
We pulled in less than an hour later, along with what seemed the rest of the  population of the eastern seaboard, female, long-in-the-tooth variety.  Went across to Reading Terminal and had huge breakfasts of egg, sausage, and cheese on a roll, along with coffee.
Spent the rest of the day seeing as much as possible at the flower show.  (The theme--English gardens--struck a chord with me for some reason.)  Like a jerk, I hadn't brought my camera, assuming some of the others would take pictures with their phones (mine doesn't).  However, none of them knew how.  I want to write up a little piece for The Breeze, so I'll take a pic later and work in in somehow.
Anyway, Barb and Pat and Les and I paired up and agreed to meet back at the entrances, which we did, five hours later.  We were all still filled from the enormous breakfast, but went across to the terminal for smoothies, which just hit the spot.
Got back to Bob's about 5:30 and home a half hour after that.  Lovely day and lovely excursion and now the storm that had threatened snow is delivering high winds and rain--hey, that's a better outcome in my book.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...