Sunday, March 03, 2013

Sauce

Sorry to say, Susan's ex-husband's second wife has the flu, so we postponed our lunch date to the seventeenth.  Skyped Mike and chatted with him and my two adorable granddaughters.  Talked to Betty early and tidied up a few things, then, having found the receipt for the two books I wanted to take back, went to Bam! and returned them.  Stopped at a produce place on the Black Horse Pike nearby and got two pounds of tomatoes, broccoli, and butternut squash.  When I was almost home, I decided to make batch of tomato sauce and, as my recipe calls for four pounds, stopped at Acme to get another two pounds.
Home, I cut up the tomatoes, onions, garlic, put them together with olive oil and spices, and simmered for two hours.  Had the result over pasta for dinner and if I say it myself--oh, yeah!  It made quite a bit and I froze the rest.
Other than that, not much happening in this neck of the woods.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...