Sunday, March 24, 2013

Full Day

Left for A.C. at 9:00 to give myself time to go to James' Salt Water Taffy on the boardwalk.   I was worried about 1.) being able to find New York Avenue and 2.) a parking space.  However, I worried for naught: found both the street, the store, and a parking space with no problem.  I got a small box of chocolate-covered taffy for the kiddies I'll see in California and a larger one for Susan, who asked to me to get one while I was there.  I was surprised to see James' has merged with Fralinger's--they had been the numbers one and two salt water taffy giants when I was a kid.
Got down to the Players & Playwrights meeting with a few minutes to spare. My telephone play was done first and went over very well, surely because of the surprise ending.  We did a few other plays--I was picked to read for two of them--and gave in our submissions for the June show.  I decided to submit the telephone one besides Hell On Wheels.
We broke up at 2:00 and Rachel asked if I'd like to join her for lunch.  All righty, I said; she also invited Jim L.'s wife, Judy, whom I've met before.  Rachel was kind enough to go first to Jagisky's (?) Candy so I could pick up a little something for a certain someone I'll see in California.  We then went to Downbeach Deli. 
It was a nice enough experience.  I was tentatively glad to get to know Rachel better.  I think her insecurity leads her to say things she regrets later; she seems to resent John, for instance, and often alludes negatively to him --not sure why.  Judy seems to have some turbulent relationships, too.  However, it was generally an enjoyable lunch.
We went back and sat in on Linda's play,  Raising Mr. Freye. The actors were in costume and make-up, which we ordinarily don't use in this group.  The play was just a short segment of one of the acts in the interminable Mary-Baker-Eddy-and-Mark-Twain-in-Limbo (don't ask) play, on which Linda seems to have been working for years.  Actually, it was pretty good, thanks especially to my pal, Dayle, who played Ms. Eddy very well.
After, I went down to Betty's.  Waited until she got back from church and just stayed to chat for a bit.  We had eaten so late, I didn't want to stay for dinner, so after making a date to meet her and Mary H. at Italian Gourmet on Tuesday (I'll bring Aline), said goodbye.
Stopped at the Ventnor dollar store on the way home and got ten more solar lights for outside.
Dine Around tonight.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...