Thursday, March 07, 2013

Running Around And Rain

Lots of errand running yesterday, which included getting a BP med refill, taking back a purchase, buying butter spray, bread, and shrimp, picking up a requested book at the library, and mailing off a missile at the P.O.  Most of this was in Manahawkin, some in Little Egg, and all took place during a ferocious wind and driving rain.
Made it, though, and got home to put together a big salad for lunch.  Also enjoyed some of the ratatouille (my version) I made the other day.  Placed and received calls from Aline, Betty, Frank Next-Door (as opposed to brother Frank), Julie S., and Jeanne S.  Jeanne and I made a date to attend auditions at Surflight on Saturday.  It's an all-day thing, and now I'm wondering whether it even makes sense for me.  I want to try out for Our Town, which is a Surflight production (but not until September) and I'm not sure, but I think this is an Our Gang Players affair.  Well, I told Jeanne I'd pick her up, as she just had a hip replaced, but it may be a wasted day.  It's from 10 am to 6 pm and after, we decided we'd attend The Last Five Years (OGP), which starts at 7:00.
 Electricity went out about 2:30, very annoying, but I have plenty of battery-operated lanterns and flashlights, plus that "headlight" I bought during the last big storm.
Attending Les Mis with Aline at Pinelands Regional tonight. I wonder if I'm the only one on the planet who has actually read the book...

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...