Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lunch Again

Good grief, this is getting to be my mantra:  "It's a wasted day if I don't go out for lunch." 
Started the Turbo Tax in the morning, got to a certain point and decided to continue today, then...
I wanted to go back to Produce Junction to get another stephanosis (?) plant for Susan for Easter.  Then Betty called and before I could ask if she wanted to meet for lunch, said she and Helen C. were meeting for same at 2:00 at Olive Garden and would I like to join them?
Well, natch, and I did.  Went to P.J. first and decided against the plant--the one I bought on Tuesday is beautiful, but the rest were kind of "picked over" (my mother's expression).  It occurred to me, too, that Susan was having eleven people over for dinner on Easter and I'm sure several will give her plants, of which she has a lot already.  She and Walter have an orange with breakfast every morning, and instead, I bought six big, beautiful navel oranges.  Home, I put them in a pretty basket, tied on a lavender bow and will give her that.  A stroke of genius, methinks.
Enjoyed lunch--I had the soup and salad thing--then we parted.  I stopped at Babies 'R' Us after to get the H.'s new little grandson a cute outfit, then at Acme for cottage cheese.  Didn't get home until after 5:00.
Today, I'll dive back into Turbo Tax, which I hope to finish it in a few hours. 

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...