Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Spent yesterday clearing out and cleaning up. Put the Irish table along the inner wall in the dining room and switched some other stuff around. Did a bunch of wash, went to Acme, filled boxes to donate to the thrift store today, and completed similar mundane, but necessary, chores.
The only highlight--aside from DD's daily call*--was my trip to the dry cleaner. What did I bring there? Ho, ho, it was my wedding gown*, which is older than the man who owns the place. It's pretty badly yellowed and stained, having been taken off, packed away, and untouched for five decades, but I trust he can make it look a little better. I intend to display it during our anniversary party and why the hell not?
*I designed the gown and my Aunt Gertrude made it, as she did Betty's and our older sister's.
**Alison started at her new school in Riverside yesterday and had a good day. She said most of the children (in Special Services, they range in age from 3 to 21) are not as disabled as those in her previous assignment. She'll be here until the end of the school year in June.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...