Monday, April 14, 2008

After our walk and a trip to the supermarket, I stayed in again yesterday. Was going to go to the Women's Club meeting, but didn't feel like it. Mary Ann Van O. drove up while Susan and I were walking to tell us Bart is back in the hospital and not doing well. He has COPD also, and I'm afraid has been declining lately.
Made a double batch of crystal pickles and will take some up to Alison's tomorrow; Mike likes them. Also made a veggie casserole, a dish of my own devising. I use my mandolin to slice zucchini and an onion, add fresh, cut-up tomatoes and Italian seasoning, and microwave it until tender--yum!
Pat discovered tiny ants in both our bathroom and the kitchen, and I sprayed them with poison, then mopped the floors and washed the rugs. This is a regular spring occurance--annoying, but with lots of woods around, the usual.
Talked on the phone to Alison and a few friends, but generally laid low at home.
Ellen web-cammed after dinner. It was great to see and talk to her. She used the camera to show us part of her new place--it really looks nice. She's getting things in shape, having spent hours scrubbing the kitchen, but still has plenty to do.
Will hike this morning, then meet Genny at Tuckerton Library for our conversational English class tonight.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...