Thursday, April 24, 2008

Good, good news yesterday: Brother Jim came through the surgery well and a full recovery is expected. I talked to nephew Mike, his son (he had called Betty earlier), and we had a warm chat. Happy day!
Aside from that, the key word was "gardening." I finished clearing the leaves out of the front flower bed and must now decide what annuals to plant. Lots of neighbors were out doing the same and it was good to take a break now and then and chat with them under the soothing sun. And speaking of gardening:
Several weeks ago, I received in the mail a number of flower seed packets from Burpee. I was puzzled, as I didn't think I had ordered any, but assumed they were having some kind of promotional event. A little later, I was sent strawberry plants from the same company. I thought it was odd, but put them in the refrigerator crisper as the instructions advised, then promptly forgot about them.
Yesterday, I ran some errands in the afternoon and when I got home, a big package from Burpee was at the door. Mystified, I opened it and found three each of eggplant and tomato plants. Wh-a-at? Could I have ordered stuff and forgotten I did? (I sometimes worry about creeping dementia.) I decided to call Burpee, did, and spoke to a nice woman. After my question, she pulled the order and the mystery was solved: They were ordered and paid for by one Michael M., of Singapore.
Well, that was nice. Am anxious to get the stuff in the ground and today should be a perfect day for it. Thanks, Mike!
"Can You See What I See" Note: I had some spare time yesterday and successfully completed the game. (The ending is satistyingly appropriate.) Was happy to realize I could now start over with different objects to find and I have. Looking forward to continuing the new game.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Good to hear Jim did OK thru the surgery. Hopefully his recovery will be just as smooth.

What a thoughtful son Mike is to have those seeds sent to you. Will you dedicate a certain portion of your garden to veggies? Santori's better watch out.

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...