Friday, April 11, 2008

Zipped up to Kohl's again yesterday and exchanged one pair of Bermudas for another. Also got a neat pair of Dockers beige slacks, plus picked up a light blue one at SOCH. I want to add some shirts, then I'll have several clothes--that fit!--for my trip to California.
On my way home, I picked up my wedding gown at the cleaner's. Unfortunately, he couldn't do a thing with the stains and general yellowing. It was packed in an ordinary box for 45 years, then smushed in a plastic one for almost five, along with my flowers, which, of course, transferred onto the dress. He did press it, and I'm going to display it anyway. Right now, I have it laid out on the bench in the dining room, next to my wedding picture (shades of Miss Havisham!).
It was a glorious spring day, flirting with 70 degrees, and I took the cue to do some weeding and clearing out. I actually wore my old shorts; these have a drawstring waist, so they didn't fall off.
I'm far from finished--there are a lot of dead leaves in the flower beds--but I got a good start on it and came in feeling energized after using the muscles that usually lie dormant. I'm pleased to realize I'm not sore anywhere. In years past, I'd be groaning and moaning with muscle aches after the first time I gardened in the spring--this year, not.
Taking a cue from the weather, I exchanged my winter dishes for the spring/summer ones, and that gave me a lift.
I've gotten hooked on RealArcade's "Great Wall of Words" after playing it for free, and I ordered it. It's on the same line as "Bookworm DeLuxe," but more fun, I think. After each segment (which, when you complete it, moves you around the Great Wall of China--and I've been to the real one) it tells you your longest word. However, it also tells you the longest word the computer found. It's partly interesting and partly infuriating to be told your longest is something like "faced," and the computer's is "disingenuous." There are time limits and you have to form words before the Mongol hordes get in, and so on. Just a little diversion.
Got Alison's daily call after dinner. She baby-sits for her daughter-in-law every Thursday while Lisa works and calls from there.

No comments:

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...