Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Outdoor Club must have an inside track with the weatherman: Again yesterday, we enjoyed an invigorating day with blue skies and brilliant sunshine. There were about 18 of us--humans, that is--plus two dogs. I was pleased to be greeted by several members I know, including Joan, Leona, and Lynne. We went five miles, all around Harrisville Lake, in varying terrain, including sand paths, narrow trails, and at one point, along a steep slope where we had to be careful.
After, we sat by the side of the lake and ate the lunches we had brought. There were no tables or benches, so we had to sit on the ground. I was pleased to find I could easily get to my feet all by myself, something I couldn't do a year ago. Great start to the day and, although I had left Pat's lunch, I got home while he was still eating it. Terrific hike and terrific club!
Later, I saw Leslie pulling weeds and chatted with her. Stopped at Susan's to tell her I won't walk today because I have to be at Alison's at 9:00 to cover 9 to 12 when her new furniture is to be delivered. Called Jen to see if she can come to Alison's with Tristan--she will--and left a message with Mary Ann Van O. just to tell her I'm thinking of her with Bart so ill.
After dinner, I went to Tuckerton library for my Conversational English class; enjoyed seeing Genny again and getting to know more about her. She needs help with pronunciations, but is a good student. This time, I used some of the study materials (a "newspaper" written at, I guess, about a seventh-grade level, but with adult topics, such as political issues). We meet 7:00 to 8:00.
Note to game-players: I tried "Little House of Treasures," liked it okay, but wasn't crazy about it, so dipped into others along the same lines. The one I liked best, and that I ordered, is "Can You See What I See?" Not only does this feature "finding objects" type puzzles, but it's interspersed with other games which can buy you hints, etc. It seems to me to be more fun than "Little House." Try it in the demo mode and see what you think.

4 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Your outdoor club sounds like great fun. Being out in nature like that is so beneficial.
I know how great you felt getting up by yourself. I haven't been able to do so in many a moon. Good for you.

I now mostly play 'Little House of Treasures' in the Blitz mode....trying to beat my time each session. So far so good. Will try 'Can you see....'.

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I can't find 'Can you see what I see'.....There is no search box to type it in. Do I have to scroll thru all the games?
I stopped along the way to play Pyramid solitaire and Klondike solitaire. I'm easiy sidetracked. Probably don't need another game, but I'l like to give it a try.

EBJ said...

I found, it on Gamehouse. That where I get all of my games.
Google "Gamehouse" and it should come up.

iloveac said...

Maybe it's for Windows only because I typed RealArcade, and was taken to Gamehouse with a note at the top saying...
Hello Mac Users....take a look at our Online Games for MAC users at GameHouse. The note was from RealArcade....so I guess Mac can't get it.

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...