Saturday, April 05, 2008

Zipped down to Santori's and Shop-Rite in Galloway after a spat with The Press of Atlantic City (paper wet, called, got rude "customer service" rep, complained to supervisor, etc.). Big headline told about the consolidation of Camden diocese parishes; St. James will operate as a church only in the summer. Well, I guess it was inevitable considering the shifting demographics and so on.
While I was making dinner, neighbor/walking partner/good friend Susan came over to bring me a gift of four lovely pansy plants. She proceeded to put them neatly in my hanging planter out front. What a wonderful spring-y gesture! She then came in to view my Irish table (she loves it).
Alison called on her way to her and Mike's Friday night hike. Nothing much new with them, but it's always a pleasure to hear from her. I'm looking forward to the five-miler I'm going on today. This is on one of the Batsto trails, which is only about twenty minutes away for me.
After dinner, Mike called/web cammed. We discussed our mutual upcoming California trips and adorable Vivian showed me her new "Strawberry Shortcake" books. They've been looking for a big girl bed for her, as her new little sister will eventually go into the crib. I chatted with pregnant Paula; her father lives in Escondido and had to vacate during a recent forest fire. She and her brother were concerned when they couldn't reach him, even on the cell phone, but they eventually did, and he's back in his house and okay. I asked Paula when she'd stop working and she said, "When I go into labor."
I got to meet the new nanny, Jenny, who seems very nice. Old nanny, Vicky, is on a leave of absence, but will accompany them to the states next month. They still have both nannies in residence; not sure when Vicky will leave for good.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

One of the nice things they do with the newspaper here in VB is double bag it. I was impressed...no more wet papers.

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...