Thursday, April 03, 2008

Aside from slogging away at picture-storing, I zipped down (up? over?) to Manahawkin to try to get my glasses fixed. The optician said the ear piece, which fits into the frame, would have to be glued back and Pat did it for me with Crazy Glue. I haven't put them on yet--hope they work.
While I was in the big city, I picked up a furnace filter; dear Dennis had reminded me it was time for him to change it.
Washed, dried, folded, and put away the mountains of wash we seem to generate.
Was horrified to read in The Press that Brendan Byrne Park is scheduled to be closed. Just when I started hiking! And the place where Alison and Mike lead hikes every Friday! Must check the web site of the Outdoor Club of South Jersey to read its take on the closing.
I'm looking forward to meeting Lynne for lunch tomorrow. She lives in Rehobath Beach, DE, and we meet in Christiana, so it's a jaunt for both of us, but we try to meet a few times a year.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I wore a pair of prescription sunglasses 'repaired' by Rich for years. I'd purchased the frames in the 70s and they were no longer in style. I loved them. So, Rich glued the broken frames over and over....you could see the glue if you looked closely, but no one seemed to notice it. Not sure what he used...something from Wal-Mart.
I bet your glasses will be just fine.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...