Monday, April 28, 2008

Finally got some, but not all, the plants in the ground. It was just as overcast, windy, and chilly as it had been on Saturday, but I planted a tomato and eggplant, and some of the strawberries. Also put in the azalea Mike had sent for Easter. I still have plenty more to do, and hope the stuff lives until I can do it.
It's so much easier to dig holes with the spade I bought. I used to use just a trowel and digging with it was enough to make my right wrist sore for hours. This wonderful shovel has ledges at the top of the operational part, so you don't hurt your foot pushing on it. I'm now toying with the idea of getting a wheel barrow so I can transport all my equipment easily to the back of the house.
Went to Tucker Tom's for tomatoes, bananas, yams, onions, and zucchini. Mostly hung out at home again, though. I'm planning on the outdoor club hike this morning (5 miles from Ong's Hat to Deep Hollow) and hope it doesn't rain in earnest.
Alison called last night to tell me about her day with the boys. When she wryly said she was exhausted, I thought she was kidding, but no. Tristan had been wakeful overnight--I'm sure because he knew he wasn't in his crib at home--and she got little sleep. However, Joely wanted to go swimming and on a hike, so she took them to the pool, then to the Manasqun Reservoir. I thought it was interesting that J. indicated he had thought "a hike" meant jogging, not walking. Alison cleared that up and they went a mile and a half, T. in his stroller.
Ellen called and we talked about her continuing efforts to get her new house in shape. The handyman had been there and he repaired a lot of minor glitches. Can't wait to see it and her, too, of course--I leave in ten days--whee!
Later: Forgot to mention that after getting the fabulous e-mail from cousin Marifran in Ohio about outsourcing Bush, I called her and we had a good chat. She's very busy with counseling and re-writing her book, Up From Chaos. Lucky us--Betty and me--to have such relatives!

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...