Saturday, April 12, 2008

The show last night was hilarious! "Lend Me A Tenor," a hit on Broadway about 20 years ago, is what I guess you'd call a "bedroom farce." It includes the classic formula of mix-ups, mistaken identities, disguises, and so on--all, of course, resolved in the end. I went with Ray, Barb, and Barb's sister, Pat, and we sat with the H.'s and the W.'s. Saw Leslie and Dennis there, who had also invited me. Our Little Egg Theatre Company is just superb and who's the prez but our next-door neighbor and good friend, Frank D. ?
I was invited back to the W.'s for coffee and cake after, but good grief, it was already 10:30 and I declined with thanks. Took the opportunity to call Ellen (on weekdays, she's usually still at school when I go to bed--3 hour time difference) and had a nice talk. I was so pleased to hear that her colleagues had given her a kind of reverse house-warming party, which included $300 in gift certificates.
Alison called before I left for the show to ask if I'd again go up to her house to receive furniture. Of course, I will--Tuesday--and will call Jen to see if she can come over with Tristan.
Told Susan I'd skip our walk today because I knew I'd be home late. Actually, I got up at 6:30 and guess I could have gone, but I'm not concerned about it. I'm picking up Leslie and Barb D. at 8:45 and we're participating in the Freedom Fields 2.5 mile hike.
The big, big news is that we have tenants in the backyard! For days, we've been watching a beautiful bluebird couple inspect our birdhouse right outside the kitchen sliding door. They've now definitely moved in, and Daddy is assisting Mommy by furnishing the place with bits of straw and leaves. Incurable romantic that I am, I can't help believing that means the bluebird of happiness has come to us. Yes, yes, that's a definite sign and all is well.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

For a couple years birds have been renting the nesting spot on one of the pillars on our porch. It was fun to watch them bring in the straw etc. When the little birdies got big enough to leave the nest...it was kind of sad. Not sure what kind they were, but they were not Bluebirds.
The only downside was the big mess they made when they abandoned the spot. Rich would climb up and scour the area. Next year they checked it out and decided it was a safe place from predators. Then another mess. So now we have made it inhospitable....a bird house would probably be nice tho.

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...