Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hopped over to Hamilton Mall yesterday. I was looking for a spring jacket, but got waylaid; tried on a few things at Macy's. I was aghast at the prices, being accustomed to shopping at Kohl's, so left them all on the rack. Saw old acquaintance Marilyn W. from Ventnor, and we chatted a bit. She has an identical twin sister and the two of them ran as a joint entry in the Miss Atlantic City contest 50 years ago. I always thought they should have won--that would have been terrific publicity for A.C., but I guess the pokey, backward-looking judges couldn't see it. Anyway, they were beautiful girls.
Speaking of twins, I got several calls from mine (also a beautiful girl, of course) yesterday.
Susan called to invite me to a matinee at the Surflight Theatre on LBI with some mutual friends. I accepted with pleasure--it's not until June 12--looking forward to lunch and "The Producers."
When Pat went to the bay, I drove to tiny Chatsworth, about 20 miles away, as the A.C. Press had run a piece on the opening of a "cafe" at Buzby's General Store. It's open only Thursdays to Sundays and I'm going to ask Marge if she'd like to go this week or next.
Other than that, nuthin' much happening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

EBJ said...

More ADs are writing in your Blog? What gives?

Mimi said...

I don't know, but I think they must have a way to send out blanket "comments." I don't want to scan comments first, so this one and those like it are just annoyances. BUT, see my February 26 (I think) entry' comment. If typed out, it would probably be 50 pages long--from a religious nut, obviously.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...