Friday, April 25, 2008

While Pat took his after-breakfast nap, I went to Home Depot in Manahawkin and got myself new pruning shears. Our old ones are probably as old as I am (no, nothing's that old) and won't cut butter.
After lunch and a supply run to Acme, I spent what seemed to be hours continuing the cleaning up and clearing out of more of the flower beds. Bushels of dried leaves were stuck under every shrub and what a chore it was to get them out. Then, as I was transferring them to bags, the damn wind--it's incredible how windy it is in Little Egg--would kick up and whirl some away.
Anyway, I got most of one side and half of the back done. Didn't have time to plant anything and I must do that on Saturday without fail.
Hmm...maybe I can plant some when I get home this afternoon. I'm looking forward to spending the day with Jen, Joely, and little T.; will get up there about 11:00, take them to lunch, then take the boys to the park.
Saturday is Jen's birthday and Alison will take the kids overnight while she and Joel go out and celebrate. I think they're going to A.C.
Brother Larry called to say he had talked to Therese, who asked him to spread the word that Jim's doing well. Think I'll call him this evening.
I was sorry to hear Larry and Helen can't be here for our anniversary; two of their children are getting their graduate degrees that day and a big party is planned. We couldn't go to their fiftieth, either; Pat was too ill and I was in London at the time.
Game Note: The second version of "Can You See..." is slightly different from the first and harder. There are many more objects to find in each "bin" and you can use only one hint per. So far, there are no blocks to turn after you complete one and I'm not yet up to a "rare item" screen; not sure what will come next, but I'm glad it doesn't just start over from the beginning.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...