Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bob S., another Sunrise Bay resident, came early to turn on the water and program the sprinklers for warm weather. We used to have "Nature's Way" do it to the tune of $65 in both spring and fall (on and off), and we had to take the initiative to call them. Bob charges $25 and called to remind us, to boot. Besides, he's a nice guy and his wife is a friend of mine.
Got to Kohl's before lunch and had a great time trying on size 10 petite pants. Bought a snappy pair of slacks in white duck and two pairs of Bermudas, then saw a slim black skirt on clearance and couldn't leave it on the rack.
The Comcast guy finally came at 4:00 pm and the "box" and T.V. are okay. After they zapped it from afar, there was some problem with the way Pat was aiming the remote and the tech explained it.
Made Pat beef stew in the crock pot and I had salmon. Both were yummy, if I say it myself, and I'll freeze the rest of the stew.
Alison called. She thinks she'll be able to work in her current school system in the summer, separately from her school-year contract.
S-o-o, a kind of spotty day, with various other things going on, but nothing momentous. I'm looking forward to the Little Egg Theatre production of "Show Me A Tenor" tomorrow night, which I'll attend with the H.'s. More fun things are coming up, too--will duly record them here.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Well, this is impressive. Imagine somebody from Comcast's EXECUTIVE OFFICES commenting twice on yesterday's entry to assure me that Comcast has my best interests at heart. Okay, Mark (I feel I can call you by your first name), I'm okay, you're okay, but hey, what's with Rick G., the VP? I wrote my sad story to him and didn't get a reply. Well, maybe it was a little too vitriolic for a high flyer who probably lives in the Hamptons and drives a Lexus.
Anyway, the T.V.'s fixed and we'll all be dead in fifty years--well, maybe not you--so let's call a truce. Unless something else goes wrong, then all bets are off.
Love and Kisses,
Mimi

iloveac said...

I'm tellin' ya....this is too much. I wonder what other companies have arrangements with Google.

I told you how I'd written an email to friends that I was going to employ 'civil disobedience' when I was asked to remove my garden flag...'End the War...support the troops'.
Very shortly after I sent the email I rec'd an email from the webmaster that the email could not be delivered.
OK...Maybe their mailbox was full....it wasn't. Two days later....I rec'd another notice that there was a fatal problem and the email could not be sent at all. Sure is odd that it was 'that' email with 'that' wording. Ever since Homeland Security was implemented I believe 'key' words are red flags.

Mark and Rick must be inundated with emails mentioning Comcast. So many people are unhappy, and that website with Rick's interview makes the company look like so amateurish.

I wonder if Mark or Rick will respond to this email.

Mimi said...

Now, Pat, this is incredible: Note that my pal, Mark, commented again yesterday to tell me how he happened to get my blog. Idly, I just put his name in the search engine--yoicks! He sent a similar comment to a blog by a guy named Gregory Szorc, in San Mateo, CA. He had complained about Comcast, too. Good grief, does this guy get paid to write comments on doofy blogs like mine?
Actually, I'm getting a kick out this. Think I'll send Mark an e-mail thanking him for brightening up my day.

ComcastCares1 said...

Good Morning,

Yes! Of course you can call me MARK :)

I will be happy to look into your email to Rick. If you could please forward me the email (with a link to this site please) you sent him, I would greatly appreciate it.

We search on the internet because we wanted to make sure that we reach out to our customers in any way we can. Searching on the internet for customers who may need our assistance is only one of the many ways we assist our customers.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss our processes further.


Thanks again!

Best regards,

Mark C.
Comcast Executive Offices
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...