Friday, September 08, 2006

Had a pleasant day yesterday aside from an annoying incident that's probably too trivial to mention.
What the hell, this is my blog and I'm going to mention it before I get to the earth-shaking stuff like what we had for dinner. The lawn service person broke one of our sprinkler heads and I called and they were supposed to come yesterday and I stayed in and they didn't come. Okay, it's off my chest--back to the important stuff:
Jack B. stopped in while I was making crystal pickles and slicing and sugaring peaches. Pat had already gone down the bay so, after we chatted awhile, Jack went down to see him there.
We had baked chicken for dinner, then I did a wild, radical thing: I drove to Shop-Rite in Manahawkin to get the items I had intended to get in the daytime. Got home well after seven o'clock and didn't get to bed until 9:05.
Well, that kind of frantic, non-stop behavior caused me to sleep until SIX am and what's more, because Susan couldn't walk today, I didn't either!!
Am now waiting for the cleaning people, also the lawn service person, who has to inspect the damage.
Got an e-mail from friend Karen and invited her down for a weekend a few weeks from now. She doesn't drive, so I'll go up to get her in Trenton and bring her home.
Note for St. Jamesers: I was able to provide to Celeste G., who's working on the "Gala" for the reunion, a number of names and addresses of grads so they can get invites to the "Gala." Also called Muckie and she gave me some leads. Called Holy Spirit to see if they can tell me any info on H.S.H.S. grads who went to St. J. I'm getting sucked into this thing, I tell you--or I'm sucking myself in.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...