Friday, September 01, 2006

Picked up Muckie for lunch yesterday and we went again to the Crab Trap. I can't walk in that place without feeling a powerful presence of Mom--she loved it. I had flounder, Muckie shrimp, and we enjoyed talking over old times and new. After, she showed me the plant stand that had been my mother's. I was a little reluctant to take it, as it's not in the greatest of shape, but finally did. I'll have to paint it and who knows when I'll get to that? Right now, it's in the garage covered with a sheet.
Last night, Dennis came over to discuss the office we want to put in the closet alcove in the study. I need to come up with what a want and I'm not really sure at this point.
After the morning walk with Susan today, I zipped home, made breakfast, then took off for St. James. I had offered to categorize the "box of pictures" Sister Joanmary had told me about and she took me up on it enthusiastically. Spent several hours putting things in order (but I'm not finished), then had to leave to get Pat to the eye doctor. His eye is improving, but she wants him to continue with the warm compresses, ointment, and pills.
I had asked Pat if we could take separate cars to Manahawkin and we did. He took his to the garage where they put in a new battery (to the tune of $113, which I think is outrageous). I went to Home Depot to look at components for the new office-in-a-closet (didn't find anything I liked), then went to Staples and got a plastic filing box, and legal-sized hanging files, and folders for the St. James archives. I told Sister I'd go back on Monday to finish the job.
It's rainy, cool, and extremely windy, but so what? We're snug in our Little Egg home.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...