Friday, September 15, 2006

Had a very pleasant lunch with Mary Ann V. yesterday. We went to Doyle's and I had a delectable hamburger and a beer. (I like my burgers very rare and I just read about an outbreak of e-coli--a dangerous illness--that can be caused by undercooked meat. Well, I'm just a daredevil, that's all.)
Mary Ann invited me back to her place for coffee and cookies and she, Bart, and I had an enjoyable chat. I asked them for lunch next Friday and they accepted.
Good news: We were delighted to get a call from brother Larry yesterday telling us that the doctor in Jacksonville was not as concerned as the Miami doctor about the growth under Helen's eye. It's been removed, and alth0ugh they may need to go back in with a laser or something, it seems to be not quite as serious as was thought before.
Called Pinelands Regional and it turns out we can specify particulars for the winner of our scholarship award. Sent e-mail to Susan and Barb H., my fellow committee members, and we'll discuss.
Going to St. James again today to almost finish up--this should be the penultimate visit. E-mailed dear niece Joan asking her to check her Mom's 60th reunion program for addresses of '38 grads. Will then pass on to Celeste to put on the invitation list for the gala. I'm trying to persuade sister Betty to go--not sure if I will if she doesn't.
Raining a lot today, so I guess Susan's and my walk is a no-go. Well, we've been faithful with it almost every day, so I'm okay with skipping once in a while.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...