Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Went back to St. James yesterday to tidy up the archives and meet Celeste. I did, she's a nice young woman, but the whole deal with the anniversary year seems so disorganized, I'm leaning toward skipping the gala. Anyway, I also visited the Ventnor Historical Society and was pleased to see it was open and that its president, Dr. M. was there. I contributed some of the items we had used for Pat's birthday--hope they can use them.
Got home to find Pat gone to the bay. Had lunch, then settled down on the couch to read, but took a nap. I was awakened by a phone call from Sonya D. and was delighted to hear from her. She said it was fine to use her and her parents' real names in the other blog I maintain--"Uncle Frank's Farm," my uncle's memoirs.
Saw Mc Greevey on T.V. and was mildly interested. Geez, Jersey is getting to be Bizarro State, what with the former gov's doings, shutting down operation because of the budget dispute, and so on.
To paraphrase John Wilkes B., "'Twas ever thus" in good old Joisey, I guess.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...