Monday, September 25, 2006

I did indeed generally veg out yesterday, but also carried on several battles with the medical establishment (may they all develop jungle rot and stew in their own juices). Horizon Medicare Blue still hadn't allowed Rite-Aid to fill my Cerebrex prescription, so I'll go back today to see what's happening. I was able to use the three-capsule sample Mary Ann gave me and alternatives are to a.) order a few days worth and pay it myself to tide me over until approval comes; b.) stop at the doctor's office and ask for samples, if they have any; c.) or simply hope the pain and stiffness stays away until the damn thing is "approved"--if ever.
Also called Apria again because the regulator for Pat's portable oxygen tank didn't come Saturday, as we were promised. The guy--"Tom"--I talked to in the Lakewood branch said, "You're not going to believe this..." and I'm not so sure I do, although I guess I should be more trusting--ha! He said he called UPS to track the package (which he assured me he had put on the truck "with my own hands") and they said it was delayed because of bad weather in KENTUCKY! Yes, it started out 40 miles from here, but had to be routed several hundred away, then sent back...idiots, morons, and nincompoops! Anyway, I was interrupted in typing this by the UPS guy delivering the package. Poor Pat, of course, has been stuck inside since Thursday, so he's the only one who really had to suffer.
Good old Tom also said he was also sending a regulator with the usual delivery today, so we'll have to give the other one to the guy to take back, and blah, blah, blah...
My other current dealing with Apria came with two phone calls I had to make to straighten out the mess consisting of bills that we don't owe, a refund check we got last month, and secondary insurance AARP tossed in the mix.
How did life get so complicated?!?

No comments:

Tuesday

As has been happening lately, I spent an age dealing with R.E. agent, Kim, and requirements  surrounding the house. I got the quarterly wate...