Saturday, September 23, 2006

Nice lunch and pleasant visit with the Van O's yesterday; however, the rest was all downhill. (Or is it "uphill," meaning hard to navigate? On the other hand, "downhill" suggests "downward," that is, low and depressed. Hmmm...I've never been sure about that, but "downhill" sounds more descriptive. What weightly topics one can find on my blog!)
Again, back to the narrative: I dropped off my prescription for Celebrex at Rite-Aid on Thursday and when I went back in two hours, was told my doctor had to call my insurance company, Horizon Medicare Blue, to justify the prescription!
What?!? Yes, this is a new wrinkle by the monstous sons of bitches so they can keep every dime possible of the $2500 a year I pay them! I had to call and give the doctor's office the number to call, then call Horizon to chew them out, and was then blandly told it might take 72 hours for this "prior authorization"!! In the meantime, I'm in pain. I went back this morning before my x-ray (on the knee) and of course, they hadn't authorized it and now it surely won't be okayed until Monday.
When I told this to Mary Ann Van O. yesterday, she was kind enough to offer me three Celebrex capsules (samples) her doctor had given her and she hadn't used. I took two a few minutes ago, although I'm spooked by the dire warnings on it that it could cause heart attack, stroke (and who knows, maybe insanity), that could lead to death.
Yoicks, this modern life! Anyway, I'm going to the Atlantic City Surf baseball game at 5:00 today with Leslie and Dennis, so I gotta be able to climb those steps. Wouldn't you know, it's drizzling a bit; it was postponed the last time because of water on the field, and I hope this won't be a repeat.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...