Saturday, September 09, 2006

As it turned out, a rep from Meticulous Lawn Service came yesterday and, after taking a picture of the damage, readily agreed their lawnmower had run over our sprinkler head, and they'll fix it. The cleaning service people were here, too, and did a nice job.
Yesterday, I called my dear niece, California Carolyn, and had a nice chat. I then compiled the names I knew for the St. James database and e-mailed them to Celeste at the school. Not sure if I'm going to the gala, unless sister Betty does. She called this morning and we talked mostly about the kiddies--not our children, but our grandchildren and great-grand. Went to the grocery, had beef tips for dinner, and the day was good.
Today, Alison came to cut Pat's hair. She and Mike are running a half-marathon tomorrow in Harrisburg, so will stay overnight there. I asked how little Joel had done at pre-school and she said he cried when he went in (and Jen almost cried, too), but after, ran up to the car and said, "I had fun!" What a relief. He'll go to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the mornings; Joel and Jen could extend his attendance later.
After lunch, I went to St. James to try to finish up--well actually, I've got another day to put in. Today I recorded information about the pictures so there's a way to keep track of what they have. I'll type the list on the computer, and will also make up a kind of "borrowed sheet " so people will write in what they took, their name, and the date. This will be left in the front of the file; if something isn't returned, they'll know who (or is it "whom?"--I used to know that!) to contact.
Making ham and scalloped potatoes for dinner. Will add a vegetable and we'll be set.
Tomorrow is the Women's Club meeting. The speaker will present something on scrapbooking, in which I'm not interested, but I'll attend. I told Susan (co-president) that I'll be the speaker in March and will do a presentation on the Dionne Quintuplets.

No comments:

Monday

Set off for the mall and Target at 10:30. I got some staples (plant milk, blueberries, grapefruit, etc.), but decided to hold off buying the...