Wednesday, August 03, 2022

Yesterday was one of the best! 

...after, that is, my 7:20 am Quest appointment. I had assumed that Regina, the blood drawer, was an R.N., but no--in conversation, she told me she had been an "interior designer" (well, she sold window blinds) and then made the decision to become a phlebotomist. Interesting and, although, according to headquarters, my last sample had somehow been misprocessed, I like her and we had a nice chat.

Mike, Ellen, and Violet got to my place at noon, bringing leftovers of their Monday night dinner for lunch. This included part of a roast chicken and various side dishes; I happened to have bought some sliced watermelon, so served that for dessert. After lunch, we all changed into swimwear and set off the for the pool. Remarkably--and happily--we were the only ones there most of the time: 


After we got out, we sat at an unbrella-ed table and played B.S. the card game Violet had taught us, with great hilarity. Back to my place about 4:00, we changed and took off for Ojai.

There was a lull after we reached El's: Mike had yet another business meeting in the guest room, Violet became absorbed on her tablet, El changed clothes, and I took a short nap. We three females that set off for OMG (full name "Osteria Monte Grappa," which means something like "a restaurant on Mount Grappa"), where we had reservations. Greg met us there, as did Mike after his virtual meeting:


I'm constantly being shocked at the cost of eating out, and this was no exception. However, since my generous youngest kid picked up the tab for all of us--hey, I should worry.  Mike also had the server take a pic of all of us, which the legions of fans of this blog can be assured will be posted as soon as I get it. We sat for a long, leisurely time in the lovely outdoor patio, so by the time we left, it was getting dark.

Back to El's for a half or so, then the emotional goodbyes. Mike and Violet leave LAX at two today to fly to Hawaii; there, Paula and Vivian will join them and Vivian will enter U of H.  El--I'm so glad to have her!--drove me home and came in to get an Area 22 poster re the show, which she'll put up outside The Rainbow Bridge in Ojai. 

So my almost-month-long period of family visits is at an end and it was so good. Now I'll concentrate on the show and my entry in the Western Poetry Contest at the Ventura Fair.  My life has its ups and downs, but never, never, never would I want any but this one.
 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...