Saturday, August 20, 2022

Friday

With five of us at T.O.P.S., we meandered around conversationally far too long, as usual. However, Lennie lost four pounds via the whateveritscalled method the woman introduced us to a few meetings ago. In a nutshell, you eat every two hours, then have protein and greens for dinner. It cost three hundred seventy-five smackers a month--highway robbery, sez I--and what you get are a bunch of processed food. As for me, I weighed in at 130.2 at home, for a loss of .06, but at the meeting, the scale read 131.1 for a gain of 1.7. Make sense? Nope.

We took the newly rejoined person, Helen, who is 92 and rather tiresome, home. I didn't get breakfast until quarter of 11:00, which I greatly dislike. After, I walked to The Market and Wal-Mart for a number of items. It was  cooler than it had been--very pleasant, actually. Bused part of the way home and saw Vickie outside. I had told her she could use my parking space (the parking places are being paved and hers will be shortly) and she said if I had a problem with the Access Van being late, to call her and she'll take me to the show.

Had lunch, showered, and tried to nap, but didn't fall asleep or even rest very long. I went out to wait for the Access Van much too early, as usual, and it came late, as usual. The driver was Manny, whom I've had before; nobody else was traveling then, so I sat up front with him and we had a nice chat. I almost didn't recognize him, as he had shaved off his beard.   

Backstage, as usual, during the long wait until the finale was occupied with chatter and, as often happens, some personal traits were mentioned: One of our group revealed her sexual orientation and another her daughter's. To me, this seems to indicate the trust and rapport we've developed during this run.

Ben, Ken, and I again read lines beforehand and we had another great show. The audience was terrific: attentive, enthusiastic, and laughing in all the right spots. After the finale, we mingle and I was pleased to have a woman come up and compliment me. On my part in the show? No, for my reading of "Heart's Desire" at the cowboy poetry contest. She had come in fourth and said her name was Shirley. With all the noise milling around, I didn't get a chance to ask her contact information, but will try to follow up.

A funny note: I change my top (which has "2023" on it) after my part and wear regular clothes for the finale. In the children's nursery, I found my soul mate and Amber took a picture of us:


2 comments:

iloveac said...

Such a neat picture. You two are adorable. You smile in other photos but in this one, your eyes are smiling.
BTW, yes it makes sense about the scale differences. No two commercial scales will give the same weight...someone has to regularly calibrate them.

Mimi said...

Thanks for the compliment, Pat. You're certainly right about the scale, but there's a good part: This way, I can decided which weight I like better (I'll let you guess).

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...