Monday, August 01, 2022

Fun With Mike And Violet

The Sunday crossword was annoyingly difficult--or else I just wasn't interested. After I finished, I walked over to Von's and picked up some watermelon. Gayle B., from Soaring Spirits, called to ask if I was okay, as I hadn't been at the lunch or dinner meetings recently. I explained about the boys and Mike being here, plus the show, and then listened to a long soliloquy that included her intention to watch the Dallas Cowboys practice in Oxnard. (Why would anyone want to do that?)

I did some food prep: washed, sliced, seasoned, and roasted five small zucchini and did the same with the four large apples I had. Those I put in the smaller slow cooker and they were finished by the time Paula picked me up. She was a bit late--not unusual with her--having left her daughter and grandchildren at the beach. 

Rehearsal went well and, finally, we're on stage and not in an adjacent room. The sound effects were added, props added and substracted, seating arrangements changed and so on, but we had time to run through it twice.  I flubbed here and there, but so did almost everyone  else, and I'm not concerned. 

Home at 4:30 and I just had a few of the zucchini, plus hummus, and some soda; didn't want to spoil my appetite. Mike and Violet (Ellen opted to wash her hair, instead of accompanying us) arrived at 6:30 and, in the important discussion about where to go to eat, Mike said he had never been to Olive Garden (incredible!) and we went there.

It actually was very good--I had angel hair with shrimp--and we enjoyed it. After, we went back to my place and played a card game called "B.S.," which new to me--very simple, but fun. Today, Carolyn and Claire will come down from Santa Barbara to go horseback riding in Ojai with Mike and Violet, so I'll go to the Soaring Spirits lunch and rehearsal after all. I'll be with M. an V. tomorrow, as they don't leave until Thursday. Here they are after dinner last night--Mike with an odd protuberance growing out of his head:

     

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...