Sunday, August 28, 2022

Saturday

 I think--I think--I got back onto Mimi's Musings. Okay, there's the May entry below (from Here in California), but I'm not even going to try to remove it. Anyhoo, Saturday:

Went to Nails L'Elegance about ten for a pedicure, then to Von's for heavy cream and other ingredient for the Irish whiskey I'll make Shannon, then to the Hallmark store for a birthday card for grandson, Mr. K., the almost nine-year-old in Tokyo. Rushed home, addressed it, and walked to the post office to mail. Mike will be sending his gifts from me--or maybe he already has--and they may not get there in time, but I'll email K.'s dad to explain. 

The play: We had the best audience ever last night! House was sold out and reception was over the top, full of laughs in the right places, and attentive engagement otherwise. After our piece, which comes first,  there was, as ever, a lot of sitting around, strolling around, and aimless chatter, interspersed with running over lines here and there. 

An innovation last night was a little bar set up in the reception room in the front of the building (reception room and theater for the show are at the back entrance).  Good grief, somebody had brought in several bottles of the hard stuff--rye, bourbon, vodka, and ginger beer--plus lemon and lime strips, olives, and a shaker, strainer, and other additions. Erica made up the drinks--I had a Margarita, salt rim and all--and we stood around and talked and laughed and it was so festive. 

Home gruesomely late, which meant I didn't get to bed until after midnight. I can't even remember when I've been up that late before, but I did sleep well and just got up at a bit after six.

Today, at 5:00, we go on for the last time. Boy, it'll be an adjustment.      

3 comments:

Rosemary Molloy said...

NO, I'M STILL--OR AGAIN--UNABLE TO POST; CAN ONLY READ MY BLOG. SO-O-O-O FRUSTRATED!

iloveac said...

So good to 'read' you again. Yes, after tonight it will be a downer. But before long something else will appear. Hope U see this post.

Rosemary Molloy said...

I did see it, Pat, and thanks, but again, I can't get into my blog to post an entry. Just don't remember how I did it the last time. I think I'll have to consult Office Max again, but boy, what a drag, and tomorrow (Monday) I have a dermatology appointment, so I probably won't be able to go until Tuesday. Woe is me!

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...