Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Tuesday

 As I was finishing breakfast, Suzanne stopped over to ask if her friend, another Mercy Sister, could use my parking slot today, as she's coming for lunch. Of course. Suzanne stayed for a bit and we talked over my doofy dilemma with the rent and utilities bill--actually, it's not a dilemma because I know damn well I paid the stuff.  At this point, the only thing still up in the air is the utilities bill; it's just $89.64, but there are lots of questions surrounding it. 

Stuck in 1969, Suzanne writes out a check every month and takes it to the office, then gets the canceled check with a statement through the mail. She urged me to do the same, but frankly, I see no reason to inconvenience myself. Maybe I'll modify something or other, but I'm not going back to paper checks. Anyway, at this point, I seem to be ahead of everything aside from the utility bill thing. 

Called Noreen to see if she wanted to go to lunch at Blue Agave today, but she has a 2:00 doctor's appointment. We made a date to go there next Wednesday. Called Jim and we had a long talk. I invited him for lunch on Friday, asking if he'll come early (11:30), as I have a show that night. He accepted and I think, after our talk, he felt better about his classes and so on. 

Bused to town after lunch. It was very quiet, I guess because the kids are back in school (not all of them--Ellen's class won't start until tomorrow, although the teachers have been in for a week). I bought a sleep mask and a pocketbook. I had to carefully examine and think over that last purchase. Because I walk so much, what I carry has to be light in itself, so that lets out leather and a lot of other materials--this is fabric and I think the paisley print is attractive. It also has to have an adequate number of compartments so I can separate my phone, credit cards, glasses, and all the other essentials I need with me. It has to have a strap long enough to serve as "crossbody," but not so long that I can't comfortably hang it on my left shoulder. This fills all those requirements, so I'm happy to have found it. 

It isn't as large as it looks here--just kind of medium size.

Then it occurred to me that the purse reminded me of something--a picture I have of someone I'll always love. And here she is, forty-six years ago, in Ventnor, New Jersey, my darling Aunt Maggie in her paisley dress:
😨😨😨😨😨😨😨😨

Medical Note: I just looked it up on this blog and saw that it's been seven years since I had a colonoscopy. Hope I don't have to have another, but I've been having ominous pains in my stomach about 45 minutes after I eat, which is how my former ulcer manifested itself. Damn. I looked up what to eat for an ulcer and sweet potatoes were mentioned--rushed over to Von's and bought some.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...