Thursday, August 11, 2022

Wednesday

 Left for the Urbane Cafe at 11:00 to meet Diane there at noon. I was early, so wandered into Kohl's--didn't see anything. Diane came promptly and we ordered. This is one of these kinda, sorta fast food places, but healthy. I had never been there before, but Diane says it's one of her favorites, so I thought I'd try it. 

I ordered a kind of salmon salad bowl, not expecting much, but to my pleasant surprise, it was delicious. Besides a nice piece of salmon, it included mango rice, spinach, some kind of maple sweet potato cubes, and a slice of thick bread. I'll eat there again, the only drawback being they don't serve alcohol, but no prob: I brought my can of beer and Diane her carafe of wine.

We sat and talked for a full three hours and it was so enjoyable. I'm glad Diane and I got back together after our falling out and we'll see each other again. Bused home and by that time it was, 4:00. Jumped in the shower, dressed, and waited for the Access Van to take me to rehearsal at 6:00.

That went well, although I was inexplicably nervous during my small part. We did get home earlier than we had before--about 9:45--but as ever, I stayed up with Bob Odenkirk and cream sherry until almost 11:00. 

We open tomorrow! 😨

NOTE: Incredibly, I received an email from Jasmine, the assistant community director, repeating the charge that I owe for back rent--for September, 2021!--plus utilities and late payment fees! Did they not receive the documentation I sent? More on this later--I just can't deal with it now.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Don't you just love Bob Odenkirk. I have the final episode to watch. I don't want it to end. Allegedly he never took an acting class.

Mimi said...

Pat, I'm sorry--I didn't see this until now, 8/14.

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...