Tuesday, August 02, 2022

Monday And A Run-Through

I continued my back-and-forth with the property insurance people in the morning. I've outlined that ordeal in an extra entry here, which I may or may not post. Left at 11:00 and bused to Telephone Road; walked the rest of the way.  Arrived at Stone Fire Grille at noon and was enthusiastically greeted by Vera, Gayle, Greg, and others, as I hadn't attended for a month. It was so good to see all of them, especially dear Vera, whom I admire greatly. Ordered a child's portion of mac and cheese and, of course, a pale ale. After a good, leisurely time with my tribe, we parted and I bused to the other shopping center. Picked up a nice box of mushrooms at Sprouts. Stopped at Target and just got a grapefruit.

Home and talked to Ellen, with Mike in background.  The horseback riding hadn't occurred yet, as it was to be an evening one. We made plans for them to come over at noon today and we'll go to the pool. Jumped in the shower and dressed to go to rehearsal. Paula picked me up and we got there a little late, as usual.

This was a run-through for all plays, not just for ours alone, so it took quite a while. It was fun to perform in front of an audience, although it was composed of only cast members and crew.  Paula decided to leave after ours was over, but I wanted to stay and did so. Here are some scenes from "The Wedding Planner, a really funny play. The blonde in the third pic is writer and director Shannon herself who plays the mother of the bride:



Had a terrible time sleeping last night. I woke up at 3:99 and didn't fall back for at least two hours; got up at 6:15. And I have to leave in twenty or so for my blood test. Well, I'll try to nap before the gang gets here.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...