Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Tuesday

After breakfast, Suzanne came over to tell me she's leaving for Burlingame this morning. We then had a long talk about mutual interests and concerns. (No, I'm not getting religion.) I then walked to CVS to pick up some medication. I get most of mine by mail, but I don't mind walking over for it--I'm just puzzled why it didn't come the other way. Stopped at Von's on the way back. Called the Access Van to reserve for today.

I tried to nap after lunch, but no go, although I at least rested for a time.  Showered, dressed, and went out to wait for the Access Van. It--he--got me to rehearsal early, but that was okay. Jeff and Ken were already there, as was the lighting guy, Jarrad, who happens to be Emma's dad. Emma is a lovely young woman who plays Ella in IGM--I'm the year 2023. Soon, the rest of the cast and crew filtered in and we were up and running.  And oh joy: I did my little part very well and didn't stumble over it at all! 😄

We go on first with IGM, so inevitably, after that, it was sit around time until curtain call. While being sequestered in the ladies' dressing room (which, happily, is a large room with a door to the outside which we can prop open for fresh air), we chatted together. 

I liked Rita a lot and, incredibly, while we talked, I asked her where she worked--at Whole Foods! Does she know Greg? Well, sure! Can't wait to tell Greg and Ellen. I also talked at length to Erica, who's very active in F.A. and is in IGM about some of the stuff I've written. She said she'd like to see it and, after the show is over, I'll take her up on it. 

Ken took me home and I didn't walk in until--AAGH!--10:30. I can't go immediately to sleep, so changed into my nightie, poured myself a glass of port, and watched an episode of Better Call Saul. Slept until 6:30 and no wonder.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...