Saturday, August 13, 2022

Opening!

Well, I never liked to sit around and I'm definitely not doing that.  Put in a wash before breakfast and got it dried and put away after. I then left for The Market and Wal-Mart after breakfast to get staples, including oatmeal and tangerines. I also picked up something I didn't think I'd ever use: makeup. 

Bused home and got in before 1:00. I wanted to have a substantial lunch, so had the chicken, cauliflower, and carrots I had prepared, cooked, and frozen a week or so ago. Called the Access Van to request for a ride for tonight.

After lunch, I lay down for a time, but didn't sleep. Got up to shower and wash my hair, then just kind of waited around until it was time to dress; call time was 6:30. Got there early and marveled at the terrific transformation of our theatre. Vera was there (she mans the wine bar) and we hugged happily; I'll see her Monday for Soaring Spirts dinner, too. Here's the entrance and more: 


Our flag...
Cast board and close-up of me...
AAGH! I cringe!
 We did a quick run-through at Shannon's request, which went okay, but then it was--
SHOW TIME!

And that went more than okay.  Full audience and an enthusiastic one, which always revs up the players, of course. My little part went without a hitch, the only down side being I come on so early I have two hours to wait around until the joint curtain call. BTW, that consists of the full cast jiving on stage to the band's yah-yah-yah number, then going down through the audience. 

Performance call tonight at 6:30 again, but before that, I'm going to the county fair to enter the Western Poetry Contest. (I may collapse when all this is over.)

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Love this photo.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat. I always dislike seeing myself in picture--think all my worst points jump out. Now I wish I hadn't used the scarf; it was to cover my wattle, of course, but maybe looks a little too contrived. BTW, please let me know if you get my comments on your comments automatically--otherwise, I'll send them via email.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...