Friday, August 05, 2022

Thursday

I slept badly, for some reason, and lay down after breakfast, hoping to nap for a bit. I couldn't though, so got up. Suzanne stopped in and we had a nice chat for a half hour or so.

Called the Access van and made arrangements to be taken to rehearsal and picked up after. Decided to bus to town, since I had an off day (no rehearsal or other  commitments) and wanted to put an Area 22 poster up at the library; plus go to the produce place. I was pleased to see how well stocked they were this time and bought a lovely big loaf of whole wheat and honey bread, Irish soda bread, mozzarella cheese, ground turkey, and a ready-to-eat prepared Caesar salad. I had brought a bottle of water with me and thought it would be nice to eat the park, so that's what I did. It was so pleasant to sit in front of the mission near the fountain in the sunshine, and eat my lunch. I'll do this again and just bring a lunch from home.

Went to the library to ask if the poster could be put up and was taken aback to be told they don't usually allow them if there's a charge for the event. I told them it was a non-profit, charitable organization (is it? I think so) and the person at the desk said she'd ask the librarian. Okay.

From there, I stopped in several shops and when I saw this, I naturally snapped up two of them:

Am I nuts? I need it like a hole in the head, but Jim's coming for lunch today, and I like to present him with amusing little surprises like this.

Talk about surprises, but not amusing ones: I got a call from Primary Medical that Dr. Lazzarotto would like to talk to me about my recent blood test. Made an appointment for the sixteenth at 1:00 and opted for a tele-meeting. I'll just put it out of my mind before then.  

This is one of my three-event days: T.O.P.S. at 8:30, Jim at noon, and rehearsal at 6:30. 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...