Monday, August 29, 2022

Sunday

I'm in again--but am just at a loss as to how I got here. I think I'll just keep this open indefinitely. Anyway, here's yesterday (Sunday):

Trekked to The Market after breakfast to get a little gift for Ken. Bought a small cactus plant and a card. Home, I put the cactus in an attractive surround and added a note to the card: "I thought of you when I saw this cactus: tall and little prickly, but in a good way." Home to lunch and shower, then--

SHOWTIME!

and our last was about our best ever. Everybody (as far as I could see and hear) was letter-perfect and the audience was great. It always seems to happen this way: At final performances, everybody has settled comfortably into their roles, problem areas have been fixed, and it seems as if we were just born to be there. It's ironic, then, that we weren't settling into a year-long run or something, but no, it was the last.

Anthony (who plays 2022 to my 2023) asked to have our picture taken together and, if I can ever get back on my blog, I'll post it. Speaking of...I took another picture of darling little, 20-year-old Maggie, who has the greatest wardrobe. This time, she wore a leather jacket with flowers and a dragon. Just so cute and funny:


Okay, as long as I'm putting on pictures, I'll add this one of adorable little Emma and her "baby." (It's actually her long wig--what we used to call a "fall," which she wears on-stage:
Okay, goofy picture time, so I'll add more:
Maggie, Ben, and Amy

Amy, some old lady who wandered in three months early, and Alex

We mingled after until Ken wanted to leave, but we'll see each other again today at 5:00 when we meet to clean up and clear away. I'm sorry it's over, but I'm happily looking to the future--and who know where that'll lead?

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Yes the post and photos are all here.

Mimi said...

YAY! Thanks for letting me know, Pat.

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...