Sunday, August 07, 2022

All Play, All Day

Yesterday was all play, play, play...that is, the plays in the "Area 22" production, including "Interstellar Galactic Management, LLC," which I'm in. However, none of them were staged, except in tiny segments, as this was another cue-to-cue tech day, as we're still working on lights, sound, and blocking. 

I texted Paula, who had been picking me up, as she had said she wouldn't attend until Saturday. When I asked if she'd pick me up (cast and crew had been called for 11:00), she rather casually said she'd skip and come today. I don't want to go into more of this, but the upshot and result of it was that I bused to the site, leaving home at 9:15 and getting there at 11:00.  (It takes about twenty minutes by car.)

A lot of it was, of course, sitting around and simply being called on-stage for short times to modify lights and add sound effects. I went on only for my final lines (four words: "It's not my fault!"), but that was okay. Pizza was delivered and we all sat and had lunch. I rarely eat pizza and this tasted so good, I had two slices.

The full band--"The Conspirators"--was there and they were in great form. I remembered James, the drums player, from the earlier production and we chatted together. I also talked for some time with a darling girl named "Magnolia," who's twenty and goes to Ventura College.  

We didn't end until 5:30 and, as mentioned, a lot of those five plus hours were filled just waiting around. But so what? I was glad to be there with my tribe. Ken took me home and I stopped at Suzanne's to ask if she'd take me today if Paula doesn't come. Ever the good friend, she said she would. We go in at 1:00 and will probably be there until 5:00 or so. Director Shannon called at 9:00 and, unfortunately, the situation with Paula is still not resolved. I videoed The Conspirators, but it wouldn't transfer, so here's a pic:

 

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...