Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Tuesday

Went over to Von's for stuff, including Drano, because my tub drain was somewhat slow.  I was pleased to see it worked very well. Didn't do a lot else before lunch except filing my pile of paperwork. 

I had been a little concerned because my primary, Dr. Lazzarotto, wanted to confer with me after my blood test. She and I talked (on the phone, the vision part didn't work adequately) at 1:00 and she said my platelet count was low and has been. Said she isn't extremely concerned about it, as the rest of the blood work is good, but she'll send me to a hematologist to get the lowdown. However, my cholesterol is way down to an LDL of 52; of course, I have no clue what that means, but it seems to be good, not bad, and she told me to cut my Ator-statin or whatever it is, in half and she'll send a new Rx for 10 mg., instead of 20.  

Bused to the transit center after lunch. Went to Ross and tried on some casual dresses, which I've been wanting to get, but didn't like any and will look elsewhere.  Took the 6 bus home and stopped at CVS for the med. Also, looked for blush, as I have been everywhere for blush, but no go. For some reason, there seems to be a supply problem there, too.

Home about 5:30 and made stir-fry for dinner. Michelle called to ask if there was any progress with my continuing battle with management. I told her I've been so busy, I just haven't addressed it. Julie called and she'll pick me up for Happy Hour at 3:30 with the BCNN group.

I called Jim to ask how his first day of classes (both on Monday) went; he seemed to think reasonably okay, although he's worried one (or both!) will be cancelled due to low attendance. It was alarming--and all too significant--that he "thinks" he has nine in one and couldn't remember how many in the other. However, he seemed maybe less disheartened than usual. He actually remembered that I have two more weekends of the play coming up, although he stopped short of saying he'd attend. (The two classes Jim teaches are on Tuesday and Thursday.)

LaVonne called and I was taken aback to learn that the produce place we've been going to will no longer be available--not sure why. Darn, I got some good stuff at that place for a fraction of what supermarket charge. Guess I'll just have to chalk it up to "c'est la vie."

5 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
If your LDL is 52 you are amazing. It needs to be below 100 so you are doing something right. The low blood platelet condition is called Thrombocytopenia. I remember Rich had it. It's easily treated but they'll want to find the cause to know specifically how to treat it. Patients often bruise easily and/or have bleeding gums. Do U have either?

Mimi said...

Pat, I do seem to bruise easily, but I always chalked that up to the medications I take; besides the reduced dose of atorasatin (sp.), the only other one is ramipril. No, I don't have bleeding gums.

Mimi said...

BTW, do you think the fact that my diet is heavily plant-based contributes to the low LDL?

iloveac said...

I think vegetarians are more prone. Look up foods to increase platelets.

Mimi said...

Actually, I've already done that and I seem to be eating some of the things that are recommended.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/foods-to-eat-and-avoid-with-itp-5206758#:~:text=Recommendations%20on%20what%20to%20eat,C%2C%20D

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...