Thursday, August 18, 2022

Wednesday

Suzanne stopped over after breakfast to tell me about her recent trip to Burlingame. She said she's wants to have Vickie, our upstairs neighbor, Leah, and me over soon to see the pictures. I then took my little cart and walked to The Market and Wal-Mart. Took my BP at the latter and it seemed okay: 119/77 and a pulse of 75. Bought this and that, bused home, and had a light lunch. 

Showered and dressed to get ready for the BCNN happy hour. Julie picked me up at 3:30 and off we went to Oxnard. We picked up Julie's friend, Lupe, and drove to Yolanda's. This one is considerably nicer than the one in Ventura; we sat on a lovely, glass-enclosed patio/porch overlooking the harbor. I had a regular Margarita (next time I'll get strawberry because it's so pretty) and a sample something, which was very good. 

I talked a lot with Dusty, who is an attractive blonde older than she looks; I peg her as close to 70.  Her husband had owned a ball bearing factory before he died in 1996, and she then took it over. Has three grown children and a boyfriend who, unfortunately, is in the hospital after a series of strokes. The great thing about her is that she was born in Cherry Hill and knows Maple Shade, Cinnaminson, and surrounding areas; she said they used to walk to Haddonfield to a particular ice cream shop. I mentioned the show to the group and a number of them are actually going to go. Julie and her friend, Rosie have tickets for this Sunday.

We were there until about 6:30, took Lupe home, then Julie drove the length of Victoria Avenue, which stretches all the way from Oxnard to where I live in Ventura. It was a pleasant outing, but now I have to get ready to have the Access Van pick me up and take me to the eye doctor for my 8:30 appointment. I have a rehearsal/run-through tonight and--happy day--we don't have to be in costume. 

Darn, I didn't want to get up this early (5:00 am), but couldn't get back to sleep. The Access Van will  take me to my 8:30 eye doctor appointment (what ever possessed me to make one that early?), but I hope to nap later in the day, as we have a pre-performance call tonight. 

"Business" note: Started tackling the new round of erroneous crapola by So-Fi. I found the check for the extra $126 which I owed for the March increase in rent and will send it with other supporting information, to Jasmine. I emailed her to say I'd be responding in full within a week.

No comments:

Monday

Washed sheets, changed the bed, showered and washed my hair before breakfast. Ate, then fussed around with this and that. I paid the water b...