Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Paper Work, Patti, and James Dean

Finally, at long last, I got most of my paper/electronic work done. I finished the info about the trust, added the house deed, and another paper, and copied everything for my files. Found a big enough envelope and prepared it. I also filled out my mail-in vote--the silly crapola that goes on in politics!--plus an envelope from Primary Medical which was actually for one J. Demayo. I called and was asked to send it back; did so.

The fun part of the day was talking with my friend, Patti, in Jersey. We actually talked for one hour and twenty-three minutes--from 9:04 to 10:27! Well, we had weighty things to discuss: Muckie's major   changes, the Nu-Step, and the peculiar traits of the men in our lives, among many others. Beforehand, I had stripped the bed, re-made it, and done a white and a color wash. 

Finished just before lunch (I still have to complete other financial stuff), ate, then walked to the post office. Dropped off what I was mailing, bought stamps, then--on impulse--jumped on the 6 bus that was just arriving and went to The Marker. I didn't get anything there except pretzels, as I didn't have my cart and couldn't carry much.

Also, I did something yesterday I've never done before: went out without my phone, which I left charging. I had forgotten to look earlier and was alarmed to see it was at only four percent, so I left it charging when I went out. When I got home, I found a message from manager Bianca that somebody had found my debit card and turned it into the office. Damn, I didn't even miss it!   

I decided to skip the P. T. workshop; just didn't feel like getting the two buses and leaving an hour ahead to be there at 5:30. Besides, it's getting dark earlier and I'm not very familiar with the area. No harm done, I guess.

On Facebook, there was a great video tribute to Joe LaRocca by the Erector Contractor organization he founded. I tried to contact Rider's public relations department, but didn't even see it on the web site. I emailed the university and hope to hear back. Joe graduated from Rider in 1955...

...speaking of which, I'm in the middle of watching East of Eden which, incredibly, came out at the same time, sixty-six years ago. I consciously note acting styles and am intrigued by the changes from that time. James Dean's studied, twitchy portrayal, with the facial mannerisms and nutty jumping around are about as natural as Michael Jackson's nose. The other players, too, show the Actors Studio veneer--in great vogue at the time--but not to such an extent. However, I guess I'll go on to the finish. I'm toying with the idea of re-reading the book, but no--I just can't go back to Steinbeck.            

But happy day: I slept wonderfully--just got up at my preferred 6:30--yay!


No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...