Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Office Max, A Birthday, And Murder

Took off for Office Max (I had ordered Charmin' on-line for pick-up) about 10:00; walked the mile down Victoria to Telephone and caught a bus the rest of the way. Picked that up, then went across the street to Burlington (what they used to call "coat factory," but I think they've dropped that). I wanted to get more of the little covered casseroles I like so much. I got two, then saw two others with the sayings "Amen" and "Say Grace" on them, so I picked them up to give Suzanne for Christmas.

Bused home and spent some time copying this thirty-five year-old picture and sent it to Doris and Marilyn. This was in December, 1986, around my fiftieth birthday and, boy, was I tubby:

Doris is on my left, then cute little Joel (now approaching his fortieth!) then Marilyn and Joan Millen Hardman (she married the boy next door). I know my family was there, also other friends, but didn't feel like scanning other pics.   

After lunch, I walked to the Hill Street library branch to pick up Portrait of a Monster, about the guy who murdered at least two young woman. I just watched the DVD, Natalee Hollowway, about the murder in Aruba, which he surely committed. The library also has books for sale, so for two bucks, I bought one of the history of philosophy. I'll dip in here and there and may be able to talk intelligibly with Jim sometime.

When I got home, I pared four big potatoes (I still have plenty of my five pounds left), then boiled them on the stove and whipped with milk and butter. I had some with dinner and boy, were they good. The rest I put in one of my neat little casseroles, and froze for later. 


No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...