Wednesday, September 01, 2021

Tuesday

Somewhat of a dull day. I again had trouble sleeping; finally dozed off and didn't get up until 7:30. After breakfast, I forced myself to address some "issues," as the cliché goes--i.e., categorizing and filing a ton of paperwork, checking on-line some equally tedious financial stuff, and generally doing the kind of boring office work I thought I had left behind at Rider. I send Tom, the exterminator guy, a check for the ant job and read his contract for the termite thing. It totals nine hundred and something, but I might as well have it done now as later.

I called Grey Law re the trust I want to set up and talked to the--somewhat dotty, it seems--secretary, Kathy--or Cathy--who surely qualifies, age wise and she's the cranky type, too. I have to fill out the paperwork I was given before I make an appointment to see the attorney. That needs to have all sorts of financial things filled out, too, so damn.

Finally broke out and took some books and DVDs to donate to the little lending library in the park. Couldn't resist taking two more books home. I hopped a bus, but got off in a few blocks to stop into the Hill Street branch of the county library. Read for a bit, but succeeded in not allowing myself to take anything out. 

Called Jim after dinner and we had a good talk. He's very apprehensive about the future of the college generally and about his classes in particular and he has reason to be. I filled him in about the Access Van and will email him information. He'll be over for lunch on Friday. 

Note: The good news: I slept through and got up at my usual and preferred time of 6:30.

 

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...