Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Luncheon

The luncheon was quite a success, I'm happy to say.  Noreen and Julie enjoyed it and so did I. 

After breakfast, I tackled the apple crisp. It took a while to pare and core six apples, but my good ol' Chop Wizard made the chopping a breeze. Combined the ingredients, put them in my large pie pan (it's actually ceramic), and left it on the counter until time to put it in.  

Made the ham and swiss sandwiches on French bread and put the crystal pickles in a dish. I had intended to serve deviled eggs, too, but couldn't get the damn shells off without taking half the white with it. This happens when the eggs are too fresh, so I'll use them for something else. I added my homemade stewed tomatoes to the meal instead.

Julie got here at 12:30, bringing me a nice bottle of chianti. She and I sat and drank Margaritas until Noreen came about 1:00. The three of us then chatted for a half hour or so before I served the meal. It was enjoyed, I know, and certainly, the good talk was. They stayed until about 3:30 and I walked them out. Julie asked if I wanted to go to the farmers' market this morning, and I do; will meet her out front at 9:00.

I'd love to have other little luncheons--or even dinner parties--with more than just two guests, but most of the people I know seem to still be afraid. 


No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...