Thursday, September 02, 2021

Wednesday

 As noted, I had slept well, so was pretty perky yesterday. My adorable little grandson in Tokyo turns eight years old on the ninth (his auntie, Ellen, turns--well, considerably more than that two days later). I picked up a train book at the lending library, but first of all, it isn't new (none of them would mind that), but I thought I'd check how much the postage would be. Walked to the post office to find out and found it would be roughly thirty bucks. I actually wouldn't think twice about paying that, but I know my son would be very disapproving and I don't want to go against his beliefs (I'm serious).

I'm always in a quandary as to what to send K. I've gone to Amazon Japan (you can have it translated), but for various reasons, that seems to be problematic. Therefore, I emailed his Dad to ask advice--could he get something, have it from me and I'd reimburse him? That seems simple, but when you're talking two different currencies, it isn't. I did buy a card with a game in it, wrote precious Mr. K. a note on the back and walked back to the P.O. to send it off. I emailed son, he said I can get the book on Amazon Japan--new, of course, and it would run only twenty-five or so and no postage, so good, I'll do that.

I sent Jim an info email about the Access Van and added two relevant web sites. After lunch, I bused to the transit center, then walked to 3555 Loma Vista, where Primary Medical and my new doctor are located. My appointment's next Thursday and I'll take the Access Van there, but hoof it back.

I then walked to The Market and bought a few things. Bused back and sat down to work up the T.O.P.S. meeting for tomorrow. I have to add a bit, but it came out okay. 

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...