Friday, September 24, 2021

Thursday

Suzanne and I stepped outside our doors (about two feet apart) at exactly 9:00 and off we went to WinCo. I stopped in first at The Dollar Tree to get new measuring cups and there I saw some darling little containers and bought four of them. Back at WinCo, I got a lot of heavy stuff: five pounds of Yukon Gold potatoes, five pounds of grapefruit, and an eight-bottle group of Diet 7Up. Also got paper towels and a few other things. I was able to get in the door with them, though, and was especially pleased with the grapefruit, since I switched from tangerines with breakfast to them.

I had a horrendous time on the phone with CVSCaremark. I get my prescriptions from them and there was a big mix up I don't want even to repeat, involving my former email address and blah, blah, blah. I don't think it's resolved even now and will probably have to call them again--damn! 

Vacuumed and swept the floors, then emptied the dirt devil and Shark on the patio. Galvanized, I did a few other household chores before lunch. After, I got my cart and headed off over the footbridge for the little lending library in the park. I hadn't been there for several weeks and I wanted to see if they had any good books, plus I had one I had finished and three DVDs to donate. As I entered the park, I was so pleased to see my old friend, Diane. We stopped and talked for a half hour or so. She told me that our mutual friend, Irene, is happily recovered from surgery (she had had a malignant tumor on her kidney) and they still walk the park every morning. 

I went on, then stopped at a bench to call Jim. We talked for fifteen or so and yes, he'll come for lunch on Sunday. Home and I transferred a lot of staples (red beans, black beans, white rice, and brown rice) into the darling little containers, then washed the big ones and filled them with pasta, brown sugar, and oyster crackers. I think the kitchen looks nicer and it frees up a bit more of counter space, too. 

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...