Thursday, September 30, 2021

Wednesday

Okay, I finally did what I've been meaning to do since Hector was a pup (no, Mom never used that one--I just think it's funny): 

1. I dealt with my credit card situation. 1. I called Discover, told them I want to close my account and found I have a credit of $5.75, plus a cash back reward of $4.09, so they're going to send me a check for that amount. 2. Here's the big one: I had opened a BOA Visa Unlimited Cash Back card in August and noticed--but more or less in passing--that not only did it do the cash reward thing, but if a thou is charged in the first ninety days, you got a $200 bonus. I was skeptical--yeah, sure, there's gotta be some catch--but I called and hey, mama--it's legit! On October 18, $203.00 (no, I don't know why the extra three bucks) will be added to my cash rewards. Yay!--I'll say it again as I've said it before: There's nothing like money to make people happy.  😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄 

Walked to The Market and back, so got my three miles in. I remembered that a few weeks ago, Suzanne had given me some cherry tomatoes from her garden. I tried to bite into one and found it was difficult to break through the skin; I had to cut it in half. I thought I might have the same problem with grapes, but at the store, I surreptitiously popped one into my mouth--no prob! So I bought some and enjoyed them during my hour of TV (DVD) viewing. 

What I'm watching now, incredibly enough, are excerpts from old Johnny Carson shows, given to me by Julie and taped by a friend of hers. The first few are from the sixties and are in black and white. They're actually pretty good, but I'll probably soon get tired of them and go back to movies.

Tom, the termite guy, called and the job is done; he'll send the other half of the bill and that'll be that. As for other business type things, I had sent my information to the attorney at Elder Law several weeks ago and called to set up an appointment to do the trust. Talked to what passes as the secretary--no customer relations skills whatever--and was surprised to hear he "takes care of his own." I'll have to try to contact him by email or something--or maybe just shop around for another attorney. 


No comments:

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...