Friday, September 17, 2021

Thursday

I spent time on-line and on the phone fighting with Target and Office Max. I think the first is resolved, but not sure about the second.

Went over to the office to ask Bianca about the new fees for paying with debit and credit cards, but because I have those taken directly from my checking account, they don't apply to me. Also, I forgot I have my apartment lease just on-line, so asked her to email me a copy (it's more than fifty pages long, which is why I never printed it out). She also informed me that, because it expires on February 6, 2022, I'd be getting a renewal notice in November, which will inform me of a 9% increase. Actually, I'm okay with this--new people coming in are paying up to a thousand more a month than I do and I thought it would go up much higher.

Jim came at his usual 1:00 and we had a good lunch. As ever, he had wine, I had a beer, then we shared the small bit of Skinny Girl Margarita left from when El brought a bottle over. Good talk, then he left about 3:30. Two hours later, I got a call from him. He had received a notice from the California Franchise Office saying he owed money. He was very upset, had no idea what it was all about, and thought I might know. No, of course I didn't, so he asked for contact information for my tax accountant. It's Michelle, who has been doing my taxes since I moved to California. Naturally, I suggested he call the office first and he will today. I then called Michelle to see if she'd talk to him and she will, so I called him back to give him her number. Of course, he intends to pay her, but I also looked on-line to see if there was free tax help, especially for the elderly. Well, there is, but none of them seem to be operating now. I'll look further today.  

I finished up the T.O.P.S. meeting stuff, which I'll conduct in an hour or so. I think this will be my last, as why the hell should I be the sub leader all the time? Let somebody else do it for a change. Unfortunately, Sharon won't be here, so as happened before, it may only be three of us. 


 

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...